Name: K Kathy Mix
1) How big is the universe?
2) How many rings are around Saturn?
3) How many people have been on Saturn?
4) Are there any planets past Planet X?
1) A quasar discovered in 1991 is believed to be about 14 billion light
years away from us, and is the most distant object known. It is moving away
from us at a speed very close to the speed of light, so it is near what we
call "the edge of the observable universe", though it is not really an edge
2) Saturn has 7 main ring systems, denoted A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. Each
one is made up of billions of particles, ranging in size from that of a
grain of sand to chunks as big as a house.
3) No people have been to Saturn (yet).
4) Most astronomers believe that our solar system has only 9 planets. There
is very probably no Planet X, let alone any planet beyond it (in our solar
Click here to return to the Astronomy Archives
Update: June 2012