NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Animal Pain
Name: Andy
Age: other
Location: CO

Question:
Do fish feel pain. I have heard yes and I have heard no. Which is it?

According to the lastest information, apparently all animals feel some sort of "pain", but with reduced brain functions of the lower animals, it may not be felt in the way humans thing of pain. You would have to be a fish to really understand the pain!