NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Frog Egg Clusters
Name: Kaitlin
Age: other
Location: WA

Question:
I have a cluster of american bullfrog amphibious larva(almost tadpoles)and i would like to know if i can separate ONE if the babies from all the others for a class experiment(i will not be harming it,my class just wants to wacth it develope)So,can i separate it?

Yes, you can seperate it, but you might want to take one more egg with it. Make sure you keep them in good, lukewarm water. Once they become tadepoles you need to provide rocks so they can climb out and underwater hiding places. Good luck!

Grace Fields