NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Poison Toad and Snakes
Name: Virginia C.

Question:
Hello, Do you know of a poisonous toad that tries to be eaten by the snake, and for the snake to die by its poison, just to have its young inside the snake. I have heard of this poisonous toad but am desperately looking for the type so that I can further study it.

I can say with confidence that no such animal exists in North America. I am not an expert on wildlife in other parts of the world but this has the sound of mythology - I seriously doubt there is such an animal.