NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Canid Information
Name: Nicky S.
Date: 
Saturday, August 31, 2002

Question:
Greetings!

I am an educator at a small zoo, and have put together a program about the differences between pet dogs, foxes, coyotes, and wolves. I try to describe the different characteristics of the canines. Currently, I have the basic dimensions of each canid, but I wanted to show the kids the actual size of each canid. I do not want to try to free hand draw that, and was hoping that you may know where I could get an accurate (to scale) picture of each canine (with the exception of the pet dog that is). Do you know of any web sites, books, or any kind of picture location that I can obtain that kind of picture from?

I am not sure, but I would try: Defenders of Wildlife (an advocacy organization of wildlife, and particularly wolves), or Smithsonian Institute.