NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Insect Distribution Maps
Name: Crystal W.
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002

Question:
I am creating a thematic unit for a first grade classroom on insects. I'm trying to find information on the geographic distribution of insects in North America. In other words, where can I find maps that show what kinds of insects and bugs are specific to the different regions of North America?

On the website www.google.com do a search on the terms: "map distribution insects" and "map distribution insects U.S."

You will find maps that show the distribution of many insects, both in the U.S. and in other counties as well.

You will find a lot of information.