NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Helmet's Equation
Name: jason

Question:
How useful is Helmet's equation for the acceleration due to gravity? How did Helmet derive it? I need any and all background information on the equation or Mr. Helmet.

Are you sure you have the name right? I have never heard of a Helmet, or Helmet's equation... Where did you find this? Has any body else heard of Helmet?

Arthur Smith

Do you suppose he means Helmholtz?? If so, I do not know of any equation related to him that deals with the acceleration due to gravity.

rcwinther