NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Holograms

Question:
I would like to know about time exposure for holograms. Are there any equations for this? Any help would be appeciated.

For a 5 mw laser the exposure time is on the order of one second. However, there is an equation for this, but, as I do not use it right now, I must look it up. When I tokk the holography workshop at Lake Forest College, most of found that we could get good reflection holograms with 1 to 2 sec. exposure (2 sec. being on the long side). I will get back to you later on the "formula."

Nick P. Drozdoff