NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Neutrinos and Gravitation
Name: Jarbas F.

Question:
Light is affected by gravity, which makes it curves. Does the same thing happen to neutrinos?

Although it has not been determined experimentally to my knowledge, neutrinos are expected to have mass although only tiny fraction of that of an electron. If this is to it will be affected by gravity, of course very weakly, because it would have a small mass. If you would like to follow this up without the mathematical scaffolding that would be daunting, I recommend the book "Supersymmetry: Unveiling the Ultimate Laws of Nature" by Gordon Kane.