NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Beyond 4th Dimension
Name: Brad

Question:
I already know the first four geometric dimensions, but I'm not clear on the 5th and 6th geometric dimensions. Can you explain to me the 5th and 6th dimensions? And how they work

If you mean how higher dimension spaces are handled in mathematics, it is just an extension to 'n' dimension obeying the same algebra and calculus: An 'n' dimensional space is an ordered 'j'-tuple numbers: (n1,n2, n3,...nj) obeying the rules of 3 dimensional numbers. In some of the operations that follow it is necessary to take "cross terms" into account, then a new algebra, tensor analysis it needed. If you are talking about higher order dimensions that arise in theoretical cosmology, I defer to people more knowledge than I.