NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Integral needed for x^(-e^2)
Name: ph i l

Question:
Can you find me an integral for x^(-e^2), please? I have been looking everywhere for a solution and cannot find one. Please help!

Since -e^2 is a constant, the power rule applies and an antiderivative is (x^(1-e^2))/(1-e^2).

tee

Just make the substitution x=e^y, and everything should be easy. If it isn't, then you need to go back and review the basics differentiation and integration.

jlu