NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Mandalbrot set for calculator
Name: thad letnes stella

Question:
What is the formula for the Mandalbrot set and how do I write a program for it in my TI-82 Graphics Calculator?

I suggest you hit "The Amateur Scientist" column in issues of Scientific American from circa 1986-1990. I am pretty sure that one of those columns has the answer to your question.

topper