NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Holographic Televison
Name: Eric

Question:
For the use of Holographic televison, I have read that motion holograms could be attained by the use of special LCD screens, but could not be sent due to the tremendous amout of optical information the hologram stores. I had a sort of interesting idea and i wondered if it would work.... If, after you playback the motion holograms, the light produced by the holographic image(s) themselves could be (shrunk) to the diameter of an obtical fiber, then sent through the fiber and not be "reproduced" but merely "largened" again?????

Doesn't work that way. You can't send the image; you have to send the bit pattern from which the image is generated.