NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Superconductive Wire
Name: Craig Waldron

Question:
Is there a place in the United States experimenting with superconductive wire; perhaps a University or Laboratory?

I know that they are at Argonne National Lab. I also believe that a few of the other national labs are (Oak Ridge, and maybe Brookhaven). The researchers who are doing this at universities is too numerous to count. One thing you can do to find out is to go to your local library or a university library and investigate superconductors. Journals that the American Ceramics Society and the Materials Research Society put out are great sources of superconductor research.

C. Murphy