NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne .DOC to .PDF
Name: Ehssan G.
Date: December 2002

Question:
How I can save a .doc file as a .pdf file? Can I do it with Adobe Acrobat reader version 5 or lower?

Ehssan,

To do this, Adobe requires that you purchase Adobe Acrobat. This is not to be confused with Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is the free, downloadable version. The last time I purchased a copy, I think it was about $250. You may want to check with a Kinkos in your area. Sometimes they have computers with various Publications software such as Acrobat, and they charge a small fee to use the computer. It would be a cheaper way of accomplishing the same task. I hope this helps!

Nick Hitchcock

Click here to return to the Computer Science Archives