NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Full Disk to Transfer
Name: Kramer N.
Age: Old
Date: November 2002

Question:
I have a 3.5" disk that says it is full. I need to transfer some information on that disk to another. Please tell me how to achieve this operation.

It depends upon what type of computer system you are using. If it is a Windows system you can open the 3.5" disc in your "A" drive and drag and drop some of the files on the disc to your desktop or another folder. The put in a new formatted 3.5" disc in the "A" drive and drag and drop the files onto the new disc. This of course means your information is separated on two discs. Apple must have a similar operation but I do not use MacIntosh so I cannot help you there.

Click here to return to the Computer Science Archives