NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Windows 2000 and DOS
Name: Zhenglei

Question:
I have installed the windows2000 OS, and there is no other OS in my computer.

Now I want to use the MS-DOS 6.0, must I uninstall the Windows2000, and install the DOS first?

Since W2k is the only OS installed on your computer. You must uninstall W2K by using a utility to format the hard disk and then start fresh with DOS. This must be done because W2K uses a different boot loader then DOS and will not recognize the drive.

Joe Noga

Click here to return to the Computer Science Archives