NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne IO Cards
Name: Maryellen
Date: Around 1999

Question:
Where can I find THE ISA/EISA specification for i/o cards? I am a mech engineer and have to design an i/o card for a pc. This type of card is new to me, I would like to design to the specification. I have not been able to find any info yet on the internet and our elec engineers do not seem to know where to find this info either. Any info provided is greatly appreciated. M Mosca

Try www.annabooks.com - a web site of lots of computer books.

You should not have to build these types of cards, there are zillions on the market, email direct if you want more info, I suppose we don't do "commercials" here!

Ross

Maryellen,

Try to contact the IEEE they are the one's who set the standards for all electrical and electronic devices in a computer.

Joe Noga MCP
Network Support Argonne National Laboratory

Click here to return to the Computer Science Archives