NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Measuring carbon dioxide
Name: Kevin Curran

Question:
My name is Kevin Curran. For my science project I need to know if there is anyway to measure carbon dioxide inside a small greenhouse.

You can measure carbon dioxide with a Fyrite device. This is a registered trademark I think. Heating and air conditioner people use them. I use one in my laboratatory to measure CO2 in an incubator I use to grow cells. It is simple to use. Maybe a heating contractor will let you borrow one or maybe you can by one. Never use one without reading and understanding the instructions. Never use it for the first time without adult supervision as t it can be dangerous if used incorrectly. GOOD LUCK!

michael b lomonaco