NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Seedless Grapes Development
Name: Mary C.

Question:
This has to do with the seedless grapes. How do seedless grapes become seedless? Some one asked a similar question and the answer was graphing and cuttings are made. Are you saying than that the gene that expresses the seed, is not cut out or made to not express itself? I love seedless grapes, but find the growing or the evolving of the seedless grape confusing. Hope you can help with this question on the making of the seedless grape. If it sounds like a repeat in of the other question, I am sorry, but I find that my question was not clear.

Maybe this page will help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape

Anthony R. Brach, Ph.D.