NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Cook County Butterflies
Name: phyllis

Question:
I am looking for a list and pictures of butterflies in Cook County, Illinois. Can you help me?

I am not aware of a complete list of butterflies of Cook County, though there are a number of people at Universities and in the volunteer networks who are doing butterfly monitoring at restoration sites. You might contact the Chicago office of the Nature Conservancy for information on local monitoring. There are some excellent newer state and regional guides available with good pictures.