NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Gram Stain
Name: Tammy

Question:
We are working on a Science Fair project. I grew bacteria and took it to our local hospital where they did gram stains on the bacteria. I need to know a simple definition of gram stains and how to the types explain the types or bacteria that was found (Staph, Neisseria, Bacillus species, Serratia, Yeast, Strep)?

You can find this information in almost any microbiology text or biology text. If you put the words "gram stain" in a web search you will also find the information. Good luck.

Van Hoeck