NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Louis Pasteur
Name: Leslie

Question:
I am doing a History Day project on, Louis Pasteur and his vaccine for rabies. But I am trying to trace the History of rabies and i have up to a point. The problem is their is this guy named, Girolamo Fracastoro. He is an Italian scholar who had something to do with rabies. I would like to know the oldest record of rabies. I would be very thankful if you could help me on this topic.

Hi, I can't help you about rabies but did you see the page on L. Pasteur at
www.gene.com/AE/AB/BC/Louis_Pasteur.html

Trudy Wassenaar