NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Alcoholic Spider
Name: mark

Question:
I am doing an experiment of alchol and it's effect on the ability to how it effects our ability to think. This is my science project and I will be using spiders and the effects it has on it building its web. How do I feed these spiders with prey that is live and with alchol on them or do spiders actually drink? Please I appreiciate any help

I don't know what kind of guidelines your school has for using live animals in science projects, but in all schools I have been involved with I think this would not be permitted. Spiders, despite their undeserved reputation as somehow evil or repugnant, are very much living things and I don't think should be subjected to this kind of experiment. Check with your teachers.