NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Millipede Infestations
Name: Nancie

Question:
My family and I have, in the past few years, developed a millipede problem. Not sure how to rid ourselves of these pests. Can you suggest what we can use. Most articles include many pesticides but not sure that they give us the results we want. We would like to use some pesticide that can be sprayed into the soil. Any suggestions? Seems to be becoming more of a problem as the years go by.

Hello,

Your problem with millipedes was forwarded to me via the Newton BBS. Attached to this email is a web page with information on how to control millipedes. I found it by searching "millipede control" on the Alta Vista search engine. Be sure to include the quotations if you do your own search.

Wayne Vanderploeg