NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Observable Limit of Universe
Name: Mike
Location: NV

Question:
I am curious, I have never seen an "official" answer to this question. When observing stars in space does Light have an observable limit? My contention is that since the universe is dated about 13.7 billion years give or take that is the observable limit of the universe.

Dear Mike,

I am not really sure. Although astronomers have seen way back to the early years of the Universe, they have not seen all the way back. I believe that somehow that will not be possible.

Sincerely

David Levy