NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne NASA Flight Directior
Name: Vicki

Question:
I am interested in being a 'Flight Director' for a NASA launch when i grow up. What qualities are needed and are there any specifications for this job? I have attended Space Academy and space Camp and was choosen n both times to be a flight director. this is my dream!

Toodles

Vicki, you will have to write to someone at NASA for a detailed list of qualities. In the meantime you should study as much math, physics, and other science as possible so you will understand all of the parts of the launch task. If you study these things, you wil find lots of great things to do. There are lots of fun thnigs you can do when you have lots of tools and skills. Best of luck, Director.

Samuel P Bowen