NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Zeta Reticuli?
Name: claude fortin

Question:
Star system called Zeta or Zeta Reticuli. Is there any record of such a place. I apologize for the broken up text. I seem to be having a problem

Reticulum is indeed a constellation... in the Southern hemisphere, declination -60 degrees. According to the usual method of naming stars in constellations, zeta Reticuli would be the sixth brightest since zeta is the sixth letter of the Greek alphabet. Incidentally, _reticulum_ is Latin for "little net."

Hawley